Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Early Learners Set – Handwriting Without Tears-STYLE FONT Posters, Tracing Cards and Charts
Guided Reading experts strongly suggest that when students are learning letters and sounds, they need to create a picture link. In order to do this, letter tracing books, classroom posters, and personal letter charts need to be consistent with the letter picture association that they make. Since I am using Orton-Gillingham in my classroom, these pictures are such that support that phonics instruction. Additionally, I like to give teachers a choice in the letter font used in these items. I teach letter formation through Handwriting Without Tears, so I have included a set of each item here that has the HWT-style font and another primary-friendly font. The choice is up to you.
If you would like to read more about guided reading in kindergarten, please check out my blog post HERE. If you would also like to use HWT in your classroom for handwriting instruction, please check out the other items in my store featuring a HWT-style font for handwriting practice with letters and an editable set for practicing names.
Included in this set:
- Full-size KG Primary Penmanship Font Alphabet Posters
- ½ size KG Primary Penmanship Font Alphabet Posters
- Letter Tracing Book Pages with KG Primary Penmanship Font
- Full-Page Alphabet Chart with KG Primary Penmanship Font
- Full-size HWT-Style Font with Green Starting Dot Alphabet Posters
- ½ size HWT-Style Font with Green Starting Dot Alphabet Posters
- Letter Tracing Book Pages with HWT-Style Font with Green Starting Dot
- Full-Page Alphabet Chart with HWT-Style Font with Green Starting Dot
- Full size HWT-Style Outline Font with Arrows Alphabet Posters
- ½ size HWT-Style Outline Font with Arrows Alphabet Posters
- Letter Tracing Book Pages with HWT-Style Outline Font with Arrows
- Full-Page Alphabet Chart with HWT-Style Outline Font with Arrows
I have also included some digraph posters in case you need them as well as an alternate Letter Y in case you do not like the way it is traditionally written for the HWT font.
Teachers: These alphabet charts and the ABC letter tracing book are companion pieces to be used with your guided reading groups or with volunteers working with your students one-on-one or in small groups. Laminate and make them available for your students to refer to when at guided reading or while working in class. The pages for the ABC tracing book need to be printed, laminated and cut apart. I like to put them together with a ring for easy use and storage. These books are ideal for Pre-A readers who can not yet easily recognize at least 40 letters.