Recognizing numbers, producing patterns, addition, and subtraction are all essential skills for kindergarten. But teaching young students math does not have to be boring. By offering various tools and objects to create meaningful instruction, students will remain focused and engaged in learning. Anytime students can work with cars, it’s definitely a favorite station. My students love having the choice to use materials that they enjoy and I like that they are working independently, building fine motor skills, visual perception, and letter recognition and formation.
Included in this set:
• How Many More To Make Ten Mats (0-10)
• Colorful Car Pattern Mats and Self-correcting cards
• Counting On Cars (0-10)
• Counting Back Cars (0-10)
• One More Car On The Highway (Plus One 1-10)
• One Less Car On The Highway (Minus One 1-10)
• Tiny Cars Addition (To 5)
• Tiny Cars Subtraction (From 5)
• Parking Lot Addition (Addition 0-10)
Teacher instructions: Choose to print and then laminate the mats and self-correcting cards of your choice. Students will
use small cars to complete the various activities.
If you are interested in other activities using cars, please check out my TEACHING WITH CARS ACTIVITIES.